I have been tagged by two Luke Rowley and Kamga Tchassa great writers here on Medium to do this challenge. I feel like I have to. I feel like I have to not only because I have been tagged but because it’s curious what are those 40 things that I love in my life?
This list wasn’t hard it was fun. I actually had to stop. I had more things I love in my life. Writing this list made me appreciate life more.
So here it goes.
1. Writing. I absolutely love writing. It’s a freedom I could never experience anywhere else in my life. Writing gives me wings I thought I’d never have.
2. Reading. Reading gives me so much joy. I love reading great structured sentences in a great story. James Lee Burke is the latest discovery and I love reading his books.
3. James Lee Burke. I love his writing. He is an amazing writer. He writes crime novels which isn’t my thing at all but his writing makes me want to read his books no matter what he writes.
4. Food. I love good food. The food gives me life. I love the food prepared from the soul and that doesn’t contain any meat, dairy, eggs or any other bad animal stuff that other people consume.
5. My body. I believe that without my body I wouldn’t be able to do anything. It’s an amazing piece of “equipment” that I have and I absolutely love it. It can handle so much and it’s a source of my inspiration. My body is my true temple.
6. Water. I love to drink lots of water. I drink 2L of it every day.
7. Sea. I love swimming in the sea and play with massive waves holding hands with my husband.
8. My husband. My soulmate. He is my everything.
9. Jurga Ivanauskaite one the best Lithuanian writers. She was one of the most inspiring writers when I was growing up (RIP). I still look for her books when I am back home in Lithuania.
10. Lithuania. The country that introduced how the world is. I grew up there. The love of nature comes from Lithuania and I will always be grateful for that.
11. Nature. I love being in nature. The feel of freedom when you walk in a field, forest or the lake. It’s magical.
12. Mountains. Mountains give me so much grace and stability. Mountains give me a fresh perspective on the world. I can climb up and see the sky from the top.
13. My friends. My friends are amazing. Friendships are the most beautiful thing in the world. I love my long lasting friends and the new ones.
14. My mum. She’s the most incredible woman for many reasons.
15. My family. The family is everything. I cannot choose them but it’s the only one I’ve got and they are perfect in their imperfect ways. It’s the anchor that holds me straight in life without which I don’t think anyone could function.
16. Floating in the sea. When I swim I love to let go and just float and go with the flow on and with the waves. It’s a magical experience.
17. Hope. “Hope is a waking dream”. Aristole I love that we have hope in life! Without hope I wouldn’t have dreams and wishes. I love hope because it gives better tomorrow in imaginary future.
18. Love. I love love without love this world wouldn’t be the world I know. Love is the most important ingredient in life.
19. Cats. I love cats. I think they are absolutely magical creatures. When I have a cat I will call him Howard even if my husband thinks it’s a terrible name for a cat.
20. Morocco! I love Morocco food, culture and the country. It’s a beautiful place and I highly recommend to visit.
21. Barcelona! It’s our home and it’s where we are going to live for the rest of our lives.
22. Sunsets. I only have a certain amount of sunsets in my life. I want to see as many as I possibly can.
23. I love to annoy my husband with hugs and kisses.
24. A massive cup of tea. I love tea. No milk in my tea and not that horrible English Breakfast tea. I am talking about a real tea. I could drink a sea of tea. I am talking green tea, lemon tea, mint tea, cinnamon tea any cool no chemical tea with lots of goodness inside.
25. Books. I love books in general. I don’t like kindles I don’t have one! I would rather carry a massive book with me around rather than have a kindle. I love holding books. I love smelling books. I love having them.
26. I love love libraries. My husband and I are building a library of our own. I already have a pile of books to put on beautiful shelves.
27. My mother in laws food! I absolutely love her cooking. It comes from the soul with pure goodness.
28. Edinburgh and its nature. I love the mountains and the sea.
29. Art. I love art although I have a complicate relationship with art. I grew up studying art. I grew up oil painting, and sketching, and drawing. However, I haven’t picked up a pencil since 2004.
30. Coding. I only started learning how to code but I absolutely love it. It’s amazing how I can create something out of nothing with just a few commands.
31. Sewing. I love to create my own things out of nothing. It’s hard work if you do it for a while but I end up with an amazing result.
32. Horses. I love the horse we have his name is Zayeed. His name means a teacher of all good things. He so is! Horses are the most amazing creatures ever. I thank god or the higher power for its creation. The world wouldn’t be the same without them.
33. Cycling. I love cycling when the sun is caressing my face and the wind is in the air.
34. Walking. I can walk anywhere and super fast. I am a fast walker and I love walking. It’s probably my favourite form of exercise.
35. Yoga and Pilates. I know they are different but I do them both at the same time.
36. Breathing. I love how with a few breaths I can make myself feel better without it I wouldn’t live.
37. Life. I love life. Life it’s such a precious thing. I am so grateful for having the life I have. The life that I will create and the life it is in this second. I love every second of it and I don’t take anything for granted.
38. My husband’s hugs and kisses. After a long day the best thing is to sleep in my husband’s arms. Being close to someone who, is absolutely an amazing human being, is the most magical thing in my life.
39. Flowers. I love all flowers because they have amazing colours, shapes sizes and scents. Roses are my favourite because of their shape, scent and colours.
40. Sleeping. I love my sleep.
I’d like to nominate or see the lists of Nupoor Raj, Frank McKinley, Robin Klammer, Glenna Gill, Sam H Arnold, Sinem Günel, Iva Ursano, Erika Sauter, Eric S Burdon, Hank Eng, Jewel Eliese, Amanda Dzimianski, Michelle Monet, Stefani Vader, Nicole Akers, Jessica Nicasio, Haseeb Chaudhary, Dan Moore, Katlyn Roberts, Greg Fultz, Jenna Wilson, Tim Rettig, Timothy Wilson, Gary Vaynerchuk, Jesse James Garrett, Heiko Spark, Paula Kiger, Paula Porta, Sarah Healy, Neil Kakkar, Victor Ha, Jack Heimbigner, Maarten van Doorn, Shweta M, Justin Norman, Timothy Alvin Makalinao, Laura Mohsene, Jae Hermann, Scott Short.
I hope you all have fun as much as I had writing this list. Trust me and give it a go! Lots of love to all of you!